Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My Interview at Redfin

I recently interviewed for a Real Estate Agent position at Redfin, an Internet based discount brokerage here in Seattle. I met with Allie Howard, Manager of Washington Operations and Rob McGarty, Manager of West Coast Operations. My already high opinion of Redfin has gone up another notch after meeting these two wonderful people.

Allie and Rob were relaxed, positive, and sharp people. They interviewed me by truly getting to know me - allowing me to express my passions and experiences freely. They shared their vision and passion for Redfin and helping real estate consumers as well. As I left our meeting, I knew that despite if I get hired or not, I had found an ally in the real estate industry.

It wasn't just Allie and Rob that impressed me either. Aime Cook, Redfin's Recruiting Director was incredibly responsive in communicating with me and giving me feedback on the interview. Another Redfin employee (please forgive me I forgot her name) even recognized me from my blogging. The whole company truly felt like a community.

I am hopeful of receiving this position. I know they have some more interviews to complete, and it will be at least a week before I hear back.

Redfin has the feeling like "Something big is going to happen." I wonder if this is what Google felt like in 1998, or Microsoft in 1988? I am hoping to be on the ground level of this amazing company.

If you are one of my clients reading this, rest assured, you're needs will not forgotten in any transition I make. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this post please email me at trevors@johnlscott.com.

9 comments:

For Sale By Owner said...

I really enjoy reading your article and I must appreciate your work. Many thanks for the post, looking forward for your next post.

satinder said...

An adjustable rate mortgage (ARM) is a mortgage loan where the interest rate on the note is

periodically adjusted based on a variety of indices.[1] Among the most common indices are the

rates on 1-year constant-maturity Treasury (CMT) securities, the Cost of Funds Index (COFI), and

the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR). A few lenders use their own cost of funds as an

index, rather than using other indices. This is done to ensure a steady margin for the lender,

whose own cost of funding will usually be related to the index. Consequently, payments made by

the borrower may change over time with the changing interest rate (alternatively, the term of

the loan may change). This is not to be confused with the graduated payment mortgage, which

offers changing payment amounts but a fixed interest rate. Other forms of mortgage loan include

the interest only mortgage, the fixed rate mortgage, the negative amortization mortgage, and the

balloon payment mortgage. Adjustable rates transfer part of the interest rate risk from the

lender to the borrower. They can be used where unpredictable interest rates make fixed rate

loans difficult to obtain. The borrower benefits if the interest rate falls and loses out if

interest rates rise.

http://indiatwitter.com/affordable-health-insurance.html

dennis richard said...

Hi, thank you for your great post. I really appreciate the efforts you have put in your blog .It is interesting and helpful. Good luck with it!!!Real Estate Agent Australia

Anonymous said...

I ωill immediately sеіzе yοur гѕs feеd
as I can not іn fіnding your e-maіl subscriрtion linκ oг e-newѕletteг serviсe.
Dо уou hаνe аny? Кіndlу lеt me knoω in
ordeг that I maу just ѕubscribe. Τhanks.


Also νisіt my site: juicing for cancer

Anonymous said...

Your method of explaining the whole thing in this piece of writing is actually fastidious, all be able to effortlessly be aware of it, Thanks a lot.


Here is my blog - zrk-velenje.net

Anonymous said...

We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You've done
an impressive job and our whole community will be
grateful to you.

my webpage ... teeth whitening porcelain

Anonymous said...

I do not know if it's just me or if everybody else encountering problems with your blog. It appears as though some of the text on your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This may be a problem with my web browser because I've had this
happen befoгe. Сheеrs

Heгe is mу blog ... plastiс decκing [http://www.greenhellracingteam.de/index.php/gaestebuch]

Anonymous said...

What i don't understood is in realitry how you are
now noot actually a lot more well-appreciated than you might bee now.
You're so intelligent. You know thus considerably in relation tto this topic, produced me in my opinion consider itt
from numerous numerous angles. Its like men and women aren't involved excspt
it's something too accomplishh with Girl gaga! Your personal stuffs great.
At aall times take care of it up!

Take a look at my web-site :: Download Warframe Hack Tool

Anonymous said...

best electronic cigarette, best electronic cigarette, electronic cigarettes, ecig, e cigarette health, best electronic cigarettes