Monday, September 25, 2006

Why are Realtors scared?

I recently was happy to find my business website posted on a blog run by some of the Seattle PI Real Estate Bloggers. "I'm really moving up in the world," I thought. Unfortunately, they weren't giving me positive attention. They were threatened. You see, I am a full service Realtor who lists homes for 4% commission. The Realtors out there who list homes for 6% commission "cause that's the way its always been done," seem to not like folks like me. I don't know why - I'm nice, I work hard, I don't smell bad (I don't think). Nonetheless, they seemed appalled by my business model, and even more appalled that my John L Scott broker would allow such nonsense to continue. Must I remind Realtors (who are supposedly well educated in Real Estate and Real Estate Law) that FIXING COMMISSIONS IS ILLEGAL.

Like it or not good ol boys.... real estate commissions are falling. You may actually have to work for a living. I know, you may have to only golf 3 days a week, and cut your Martini hours back, but I think our clients deserve it. We should not be getting rich off our clients backs.

I can't wait till the day I can go to the HQ of the National Association of Realtors and they have a display labeled "In Memorial of the 6% commission - A tribute to the history of overpaid Realtors."

No comments: