Friday, November 10, 2006

The Nominations are in...

The NWMLS nominations for Board of Directors are in... and guess who is in the running for Pierce and Thurston Counties? Drum role please..... The Broker of MLS-4-Owners, Chris Nye.

At first I thought I misread the nominations, so I read them again, "Windermere, Windermere, Coldwell Banker, ReMax, Windermere, MLS-4-Owners... WHAT!?!" I nearly fell out of my chair. I would have never in a million years thought that a Discount Broker, let alone a FSBO Discount Broker, could be on the list of nominees.

So, I believe champagne is in order. The Members of the NWMLS may be taking a huge step forward in becoming an open and competitive MLS. (After hearing stories from MLS systems around the country, I think NWMLS is already doing fairly well in this arena.). So Chris, best of luck, if I could vote, you would have my vote. However, since our Broker run oligarchy offers dues without representation, I will simply offer my sincere support.

By the way, if you would like a campaign manager I would be happy to lend you my skills. We could do all sorts of fun ads...

Ever feel like you're spit on by the entire real estate world? Feel like the whole real estate industry is against you? If so then I'm your Candidate for the NWMLS Board of Directors. I've been taking heat for years from traditional Brokers, and I think its time for a change. I believe in fair consumer practices and reasonable real estate fees. I believe in an open MLS that is fair to various real estate service models. So, if you're tired of the same ol same ol up in Kirkland, then vote for me, Chris Nye, for Board of Directors. I'm Chris Nye and I approve this message.

Or we could have campaign bumper stickers. NWMLS: Nye Will Make Life Simple

Anyhow Chris, congratulations on your nomination, and best of luck in the campaign!

(This Blog is my opinion and not that of Chris Nye or MLS-4-Owners)

No comments: